“A bad attitude is like a flat tire. If you don’t change it, you won’t go anywhere.” Joyce Meyer.
If you ride a bike, you should know how to change a tire… just in case. It’s important to be prepared for all possibilities – particularly if you’re a rider who likes to push boundaries and go further afield (meaning you might be far from home when you experience a flat). But there’s no need to call Uber. With a few simple pointers, anyone can change a flat tire.
How to Change a Flat Tire – Front Wheel
- Turn the bike upside down on a stable surface.
- Release the front wheel (taking care not to lose any parts).
- Use a tire lever to loosen one side of the tire from the rim (these are inexpensive and can be found them at any local bike shop or online). A tire lever is an essential tool for any bike kit!
- Pull the damaged inner tube out of the tire and discard it.
- Keep the top of the tire loose then take your new inner tube and find the hole that the valve fits through. Pop it through the valve hole and feed the tube around the rim making sure it’s not twisted.
- Tuck the lip of the tire inside the rim before inflating…
- Add a little air – and press down around the tire while making sure that the lip of the tire fits inside the rip to prevent the inner tube from popping. Then add more air to get to the right pressure.
- Replace the wheel making sure to tighten the crank and lock it in.
Here’s Doug from EBC walking you through the steps so you can see for yourself just how easy it is.
Tire Talk – More About EBC Tires
All EBC electric bikes come with “hybrid” or “cruiser” tires that offer the efficiency, speed and weight benefits of thinner tires while ensuring a more comfortable ride like thicker tires. Specially made for E-Bikes and offering superior durability and low roll resistance (less drag and better battery performance), our tires are perfect for the high mileage of an E-Bike.
Our Models C, S, X & Y offer a smooth ride with specialist tires reinforced with KEVLAR fibers together with 50 EPI casing and puncture protection that are 2.2” thick. Our rugged Model R has premium puncture resistant 3” tires that allow you to go anywhere, anytime with no puncture or comfort worries. Our smaller Model M offers 1.95” tires with inverted tread design and knurled tread surface for fast rolling without sacrificing traction.
EBC Tool Kit – keep our handy tool kit with you in case you need to make on-the-road repairs quickly.
“This is my dream bike!”
Check out what Liberte Chan from KTLA thought when she rode one of our awesome beach cruisers in Newport Beach recently…